Stimulus Package Doubles Tax Advantage of Capital Investments
At the end of last week
, the business community watched avidly as the House and Senate passed the Economic Stimulus Package, and left the final decision in the hands of President Bush.
For both the regular tax and the alternative minimum tax, the first-year depreciation deduction otherwise allowed on certain qualified tangible personal property acquired and placed in service during 2008 is increased by 50 percent of the cost of such property.
The deductions provided by the asset expense election and bonus depreciation are illustrated by the following example:
Corporation X purchases and places in service machinery (5-year property) in its calendar 2008 tax year having a cost of $650,000, which will be subject to the half-year convention. Corporation X will elect to expense $250,000 under Sec. 179, leaving the machinery with a remaining depreciable basis of $400,000. Applying the bonus depreciation provided by the Act, Corporation X is entitled to a further deduction in 2008 of $200,000 (50% of $400,000), leaving the machinery with a remaining depreciable basis of $200,000. Standard first-year depreciation for 5-year property under the half-year convention is 20%, providing Corporation X with further depreciation on the machinery of $40,000. Accordingly, Corporation X is entitled to a total expense and depreciation deduction of $490,000 in 2008 on its $650,000 machinery. The remaining $160,000 cost of the property is recovered after 2008 under otherwise applicable rules for computing depreciation.
’s employees are experts in material handling, but not in taxes. We present this update for informational purposes only. It is not legal or financial advice. Please consult your accountant for more information about this exciting opportunity.
Controls Bring Value To Your Operation
- User-friendly Interface - Route, sort or change in an instant
- Seamless Integration - Modular design fits new or existing systems
- 24-Hour Support - We understand your need for minimal downtime
- System Specialization - World wide installed base
Controls specialists build and completely wire all panels
You can't go wrong with Hytrol's Controls package. In addition to the complete pre-engineered software that guides the customer's product through all phases of sorting, Hytrol engineers design, build and wire all electrical panels. They insure that all sortation systems will be "GO" when the button is pushed and the sortation system begins to function. Hytrol also supplies up to 5 days "on-site" for commissioning your sortation controls package.
ProLogix Sorter Control
Controls all devices on Hytrol sorters - induction, tracking, sorting, confirmation photo eyes, etc.
- Sorts products to the correct sortation lane
- Ensures consistent monitoring and safe operation of equipment
- Consistent performance quality for all Hytrol sortation solutions
- Quick & easy setup
- Versatile technology to fit most configurations
- Controls all Hytrol sorters
GapLogix Gapper Control
Optimizes performance of sortation system by reducing wasted space between large products.
- Standard control package designed for Hytrol's Gapper
- Sets a specific gap or pitch independent from product length
- Allows for quick and easy customization of controls
- Up and running a short time after installation
- Consistent performance quality
- Used to feed sorters, weigh scales, print apply machines, and other type equipment
ZipLogix Combiner Control
Maximizes throughput where 2 to 1, 3 to 1, & 4 to 1 combiners zipper product to a single line.
- Sets a nominal gap independent from product length
- Allows for quick and easy customization of the control's reaction to your product
- All configuration can be accomplished via the convenient touch-screen interface on the panel door
- Consistent performance quality
- Autosenses number of lanes
- Self-diagnostic, easy troubleshooting
Plug-N-Go Cabling System
Quicker, less expensive and more trouble free startup than conventional wiring.
- Use with standard controls
- Advantages of network controls with the reliability of "hard-wired" solutions
- Inputs & outputs simply plug into strategically located distribution blocks along the sorter
- Distribution blocks plug into the sorter control panel via "home run" cables
- Quick installation
- Reduces field wiring costs
||The world's largest bookseller, a Fortune 500 company, operates approximately 800 stores in 50 states in addition to extensive Internet sales. The logistics of timely store replenishment and rapid, accurate fulfillment of Internet orders presents an enormous challenge at this level of business. Virtually all aspects of the distribution process are automated. Tracking labels are generated and automatically applied to cartons at receiving. Multiple sortation systems deliver inventory to storage and picking locations. Batch picking is directed by RF interface and routed through zones by scanner directed diverters. Book orders are simultaneously assembled from each picking batch by tilt tray sorters. The distribution center houses over 1 million book titles in quantities ranging from multiple trailer loads of popular titles to one or two volumes of very obscure books. Accordingly, inventory storage media varies from high-rise, narrow aisle pallet rack to flowrack and finally to acres of multi-level shelving. Click here to read the complete article »
Call Us Today at 908-205-0625 to discuss your next project!
|Hytrol Conveyor Company - Delivering what you need to improve the bottom line!
- 24-Hour Shipping
- Many Options
- Online Ordering
- Huge Selection
- Modified Standards
- Heavy Duty